APCC by ASPCAapps
Deskripsi APCC by ASPCA
Products that may seem safe in your home and garden can actually be toxic for pets, and all too often pets are poisoned as a result of their natural curiosity. That’s why the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – the country’s first animal welfare organization and a leading voice for animals -- has launched the APCC by ASPCA App.
Focusing on dogs, cats, horses, and birds, the free app helps owners quickly and accurately identify and understand common household hazards, toxic and non-toxic plants, potentially harmful medications, as well as warm or cold weather hazards. It also provides crucial information about the severity of the problem and critical next steps.
Information in the app comes from expert toxicologists at the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center, which handles more than 180,000 cases each year of pets exposed to potentially toxic substances.
APCC by ASPCA Features
- A searchable database of hundreds of plants, household hazards, medications, warm weather toxins and cold weather toxins commonly found in or around homes
- Details for each toxin including: scientific name, alternate names, example images, severity of exposure, and potential symptoms for at-risk dogs, cats, horses, and birds
- Color-coding to help you identify the toxins of most concern
- Dogs and chocolate poison meter
- Built-in rodent poison calculator
- One-touch speed-dialing to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
As the weather improves, this app is a vital tool for pet owners shopping for new houseplants or garden additions. But all pet parents should download the APCC by ASPCA app to keep their animals safe and far from harm.
Please note that the information is not meant to be all-inclusive, but rather a compilation of the most frequently encountered toxins. As always, if you suspect your pet may have ingested a poisonous substance, contact your local veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately.</br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br>